Building trust through transparency
OVIC is hosting a series of virtual roadshows across regional Victoria to raise the public’s awareness of their right to access government-held information and engage with local Victorian government agencies, including local government and public health service providers.
Continuing with the theme of this year’s International Access to Information Day, our roadshows will focus on how local Victorian government agencies can build public trust through transparency in providing access to information.
We want to know of any topics that you would like to hear discussed at the roadshow in your area. We invite you to let us know of any local issues that you think should be covered during the forum by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our first regional roadshow was held in the Western region, and included local government from Ballarat, Ararat, Hepburn, Pyrenees, Golden Plains, Moorabool, Geelong, Surf Coast, Colac Otway, Moyne, Warrnambool, Glenelg, Corangamite, Wimmera and Southern Grampians.
Guest speakers included:
- Sven Bluemmel, Victorian Information Commissioner
- Bernadine McNamara, General Counsel, Barwon Health
- Melisa Robinson, Health Information Services Operations Manager, Barwon Health
- Louise Barclay, Senior Manager Client Voice Scheme Performance, Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
- Felicity Wright, Information & Privacy Manager, Client Voice Scheme Performance, TAC
- Shantelle Ryan, Assistant Commissioner, Public Access, OVIC
- Tyrrell Davidson, Principle Case Manager, Public Access, OVIC
- Paul Pittorino, Manager, Complaints and Professional Standards, Public Access, OVIC
The webinar covered:
- A keynote address by Victorian Information Commissioner, Sven Bluemmel;
- Operational updates from OVIC staff;
- Discussions on the FOI, including some of the exemptions under the Act;
- An overview of OVIC’s review and complaints process;
- Presentation providing an overview of FOI Professional Standards and trends;
- A presentation from Bernadine McNamara and Melisa Robinson from Barwon Health; and
- A panel discussion with members from Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
Loddon Mallee / Bendigo area
Wednesday 17 February 2021
Mallee / Mildura area
Hume / Wangaratta area