The Victorian Protective Data Security Standards (VPDSS) establish 12 high level mandatory requirements to protect Victorian public sector information across governance and the four domains of information, personnel, ICT and physical security.
Public sector organisations that adhere to the VPDSS will ensure that public sector information they hold and manage will be accurate and up-to-date, available when required, and only be accessed by the right people.
The benefits to the Victorian public include:
- good decision making by public servants;
- confidence in the management of information, including personal information;
- more efficient government;
- better service delivery; and
- improved security practices for the protection of your information.