Victorian Information Security Network forum
OVIC invites Victorian public sector agency staff and industry to attend a Victorian Information Security Network forum on 27 February 2020.
The forum will cover a range of topics including:
- the release of the Victorian Protective Data Security Framework (VPDSF) Version 2.0;
- updated content from the former VPDSF Assurance Collection - now presented as a practitioner guide;
- an in-depth look at the updated Protected Data Security Plan (PDSP);
- an outline of multi-organisational reporting requirements and supporting processes; and
- an overview of the new Information Security Incident Notification Scheme.
Key event details
Date: Thursday 27 February 2020
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm
Venue: The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Londsdale St, Melbourne
The forum will be split into two sessions presented by OVIC's Information Security Unit, Privacy Guidance team and Department of Premier and Cabinet's Cyber Security Unit.
Session 1: VPDSF / VPDSS product update and PDSP briefing
10am – 10.55am
Session one will include a briefing on recent product releases supporting the Framework and Standards, and an in-depth presentation on the updated PDSP template. This session will also provide an overview of the Multi-Organisational Reporting requirements and supporting processes.
Session 2: Incident Management and the Information Security Incident Notification Scheme
11.10am – 12pm
Session two will focus on the new Information Security Incident Notification Scheme and highlight practical scenarios of information security incidents.
Places are limited, so register now to avoid missing out.
For those unable to attend in person, the event will also be live streamed on Twitter.
Please let us know if you have any accessibility requirements.