Taking a deep dive into the FOI processing stages
On Wednesday 8 December OVIC will host a special one-off FOI training webinar focusing on the pre-assessment stage of processing an FOI request.
This virtual session is free and will take a look at:
- Clarifications under s 17(2)
- When are they required
- Appropriate time frames for response
- Distinction between when a request is not sufficiently clear and when it may be ‘voluminous’ under s 25A(1) of the FOI Act
- Search response from program areas
- What makes a good search response
- Requirements under the Professional Standards
- Dealing with delays from program areas in terms of searching for documents
- Suggestions and tips for searches in COVID times where remote working is the norm
This webinar is for staff who are new to FOI practitioner roles in the Victorian public sector.
Date: 8 December 2021
Time: 10am - 12pm
Audience: VPS staff