Taking a deep dive into document searches when processing an FOI request
On Monday 5 September OVIC will host a special one-off FOI training webinar focusing on document searches when processing an FOI request.
This free virtual session will focus on:
- How to undertake a document search to identify and locate documents subject to an FOI request (what is required under the FOI Act);
- Search response from program areas:
- What makes a good search response;
- Requirements under the Professional Standards being obligations under Standard 6.1 regarding keeping records of searches undertaken; and obligations under Standard 8.4 with respect to providing a summary of searches undertaken in decision letters;
- Dealing with delays from program areas in terms of searching for documents; and
- Suggestions and tips for searches in COVID times while remote working.
- Relevance and scoping:
- How to treat attachments to briefings/emails etc.; and
- How to treat publicly available documents.
This webinar is for all staff who work in FOI practitioner roles in the Victorian public sector (VPS).
Date: Monday 5 September 2022
Time: 10am - 12pm
Audience: VPS staff