Regional Roadshow – South East Region (Gippsland)
Building public trust through transparency
OVIC is conducting a series of virtual roadshows across regional Victoria to raise the public’s awareness of their right to access government-held information and engage with local Victorian government agencies, including local government and public health service providers.
Our fourth roadshow will continue exploring the theme covered in International Access to Information Day, focusing on how local Victorian government agencies can build public trust through transparency in providing access to information.
This roadshow will be held in the South East Region (Gippsland). Local government areas invited to this forum include: East Gippsland, Wellington, Baw Baw, LaTrobe, South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
Speakers and panel members
- Sven Bluemmel, Victorian Information Commissioner
- Shantelle Ryan, Assistant Commissioner, Public Access Operations & Compliance, OVIC
- Tyrrell Davidson, Principle Case Manager, Public Access, OVIC
- Marj McInnes, Coordination Information Management, Wellington Shire Council
- More speakers to be announced
- Keynote presentation by Victorian Information Commissioner, Sven Bluemmel
- Operational updates from OVIC staff
- Discussions on the FOI Act including some of the exemptions under the Act
- Overview of OVIC’s review and complaints process
- FOI Professional Standards overview and trends presentation