Regional Roadshow – North Western
Building public trust through transparency
OVIC is conducting a series of virtual roadshows across regional Victoria to raise the public’s awareness of their right to access government-held information and engage with local Victorian government agencies, including local government and public health service providers.
Our third roadshow will continue exploring the theme covered in International Access to Information Day, focusing on how local Victorian government agencies can build public trust through transparency in providing access to information.
This roadshow will be held in the North Western Region. Local government areas invited to this forum include: Mildura, Swan Hill, Buloke, Gannawarra, Yarriambiack, Hindmarsh, Horsham and Northern Grampions.
Speakers and panel members
- Sven Bluemmel, Victorian Information Commissioner
- Shantelle Ryan, Assistant Commissioner, Public Access Operations & Compliance, OVIC
- Tyrrell Davidson, Principle Case Manager, Public Access, OVIC
- Paul Pittorino, Manager Complaints and Professional Standards, Public Access, OVIC
- Keynote presentation by Victorian Information Commissioner, Sven Bluemmel
- Operational updates from OVIC staff
- Discussions on the FOI Act including some of the exemptions under the Act
- Overview of OVIC’s review and complaints process
- FOI Professional Standards overview and trends presentation