Regional Roadshow – North Eastern Region
Building public trust through transparency
This year OVIC has conducted a series of virtual roadshows across regional Victoria to raise public awareness of their right to access government-held information and engage with local Victorian government agencies, including local government and public health service providers.
Our fifth and final roadshow will continue exploring the theme covered in International Access to Information Day, focusing on how local Victorian government agencies can build public trust through transparency in providing access to information.
This roadshow will be held in the North Eastern Region. Local government areas invited to this forum include: Wodonga, Wangaratta, Indigo, Mansfield, Alpine and Towong.
Speakers and panel members
- Sven Bluemmel, Victorian Information Commissioner
- Shantelle Ryan, Assistant Commissioner, Public Access Operations & Compliance, OVIC
- Tyrrell Davidson, Principle Case Manager, Public Access, OVIC
- Paul Pittorino, Manager Complaints and Professional Standards, Public Access, OVIC
- Jane Still, Senior Governance Advisor, Indigo Shire Council
- Keynote presentation by Victorian Information Commissioner, Sven Bluemmel
- Operational updates from OVIC staff
- Discussions on the FOI Act including some of the exemptions under the Act
- Overview of OVIC’s review and complaints process
- FOI Professional Standards overview and trends presentation