Regional Roadshow – Western region
Building public trust through transparency
OVIC is commencing a series of virtual roadshows across regional Victoria to raise the public’s awareness of their right to access government-held information and engage with local Victorian government agencies, including local government and public health service providers.
Continuing with the theme of this year's International Access to Information Day, our roadshows will focus on how local Victorian government agencies can build public trust through transparency in providing access to information.
Our first regional roadshow will be held in the Western region. Local government areas invited to this forum include: Ballarat, Ararat, Hepburn, Pyrenees, Golden Plains, Moorabool, Geelong, Surf Coast, Colac Otway, Moyne, Warrnambool, Glenelg, Corangamite, Wimmera and Southern Grampians.
Speakers and panel members
- Sven Bluemmel, Victorian Information Commissioner
- Bernadine McNamara, General Counsel, Barwon Health
- Melisa Robinson, Health Information Services Operations Manager, Barwon Health
- Louise Barclay, Senior Manager Client Voice Scheme Performance, Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
- Felicity Wright, Information & Privacy Manager, Client Voice Scheme Performance, TAC
- Shantelle Ryan, Assistant Commissioner, Public Access, OVIC
- Tyrrell Davidson, Principle Case Manager, Public Access, OVIC
- Paul Pittorino, Manager Complaints and Professional Standards, Public Access, OVIC
- Keynote presentation by Victorian Information Commissioner, Sven Bluemmel
- Operational updates from OVIC staff
- Discussions on the FOI Act including some of the exemptions under the Act
- Overview of OVIC’s review and complaints process
- FOI Professional Standards overview and trends presentation
Note: this webinar will be held on Microsoft Teams, download the collection notice here.