Making fresh decisions under section 49M of the FOI Act and Handling a request for amendment of records under section 39 of the FOI Act
Join us for a closer look at fresh decisions under section 49M of the FOI Act as part of our monthly Information Access Series. During this seminar we will examine:
- the notification requirements for agencies;
- the timeframe to make a fresh decision;
- what happens when an agency fails to make a fresh decision in time;
- what should be included in the fresh decision;
- what happens when an applicant agrees with an agency’s fresh decision; and
- what happens when an applicant does not agree with an agency’s fresh decision;
Additionally, we will take a look at the who, what, when and why’s of section 39 amendment requests:
- Who can make a section 39 amendment request?
- What should be included in a section 39 request?
- When should an Agency amend a record?
- Why would the record cause a misleading impression?
This session is aimed at VPS FOI practitioners and agency staff.
The meeting will also be live streamed via OVIC’s Twitter account for those unable to make it in person. You do not need to register to view the live stream.