Information privacy under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
Information privacy under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 provides attendees with:
- an overview of the role of OVIC in relation to privacy;
- the concepts of information privacy and personal information;
- privacy obligations under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, including the 10 Information Privacy Principles;
- what privacy breaches are; and
- our role in privacy complaint handling.
This session is for Victorian public sector staff only - who want to gain a general understanding of their privacy obligations. This session is suitable as an induction for new privacy officers, or for any VPS staff who need to know the basics about handling personal information.
No prior knowledge of privacy is required to attend privacy training, however it is recommended that participants complete our online privacy module before attending: elearning.ovic.vic.gov.au.
You will be required to provide identification and collect a security pass from the concierge desk on arrival.
Please let us know if you have any accessibility requirements.