Information privacy under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
Information privacy under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 provides attendees with:
- an overview of the role of OVIC in relation to privacy;
- the concepts of information privacy and personal information;
- privacy obligations under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, including the 10 Information Privacy Principles;
- what privacy breaches are; and
- our role in privacy complaint handling.
This session is for Victorian public sector staff only - who want to gain a general understanding of their privacy obligations.
No prior knowledge of privacy is required to attend privacy training, however it is recommended that participants complete our online privacy module before attending: elearning.ovic.vic.gov.au.
You will be required to provide identification and collect a security pass from the concierge desk on arrival.