Victorian Public Health Sector FOI Forum 2021
Towards best practice in access to public health records and information
OVIC invite you to attend our first Victorian Public Health Sector FOI Forum 2021. This virtual forum will address key and common operational, policy and legal issues in the processing and handling of requests for information, including under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic), with a view to promoting best practice in access to information by public health sector agencies, their principal officers and FOI practitioners.
The Forum will also involve an interactive Q&A panel discussion moderated by Dr Norman Swan, Physician, Journalist and Host of The Health Report, ABC Radio National with the Victorian Information Commissioner and panellists from the health sector.
- Dr Norman Swan, Journalist, Physician, and Host of The Health Report, ABC Radio National (Event Host, presenter and panel moderator)
- Sven Bluemmel, Victorian Information Commissioner, OVIC
- Joanne Kummrow, Public Access Deputy Commissioner, OVIC
- Elizabeth Kennedy, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Professor Moira Paterson, Monash University
- More speakers to be announced
The Forum is open to Victorian public health sector agency staff.